This page announces formal public comment periods conducted according to federal regulations. There are currently no documents requiring formal public comments
The NJTPA conducts formal 30-day public comment periods prior to the adoption of three key planning documents: the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP), the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) as well as the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP), and the Air Quality Conformity Determination document.
Formal comment periods are also held when these documents are significantly changed or amended (for instance when adding or deleting projects, or in the event of a scope/schedule change that would trigger a new conformity analysis). Further details on public comment periods are provided in the Public Engagement Plan
Formal public comment periods include the steps listed below to involve the public.
How to Comment
- Place notification in the legal section of regional daily newspapers
- Place notification on the NJTPA’s website and social media platforms with an option for submitting comments via e-mail.
- Provide notification to a listing of representative interest groups, stakeholders, and agencies in the region.
- Post documents on the agency’s website.
- Distribute documents to select State Documents Depository Libraries and other libraries throughout the region.
You can submit comments to email@example.com
or call or write the NJTPA.